All the lego without the mystique... or maybe its the other way around...

Thursday, November 11, 2004

Why Going To School Only Causes Me Pain:

I get to class 20 minutes late and I slide into a seat, trying not to make a scene as I attempt to peel off my layers of soaked clothing. The class: Modern Jewish Authors, although I'm starting to think that the name is just a technicality. We spend the next hour or so talking about nothing, as usual. It's now 1pm and I have no desire to wait around for my next class, which only begins at 2:30pm.

I decide to catch the 1:30pm train home instead of going to class. It's pouring rain and snow all at the same time (the "magic" of living in Canada) and I'm rapidly trying to make my way down the busy streets of Montreal to the train station as some guy stops me in the middle of this natural disaster. He's clearly an immigrant and although I am horrible with accents, I have a strong feeling that he is German. He asks for directions but once I give them to him, he doesn't go away. He compliments my hair and asks me if I want to go get some coffee. Now I'm not a fan of crummy weather and I'm also not a fan of creepy, immigrant boys.So I tell him to get lost (only I used the words "no thanks") and I continue on to the train station.

I'm sitting on the train catching up on some reading for school (Paradise Lost quiz tommorrow...god god satan god eve's so dense, adam's so noble, jesus, god, satan, satan) when these two french canadian boys take the seats next to me. They must be about 12 or 13 years old and they start playing some probably french canadian game, where they slap each other really hard and scream out french insults. I realize that studying would not be happening on this train ride so I take out my discman and turn it on, to be pleasantly surprised by the Bangles Greatest Hits blasting Walk Like an Egyptian. There is nothing better than 80s girl rock when you are drenched and in a pissy mood.

Anyways, two hours till I've got to drag my ass into work so I better go do some homework (a.k.a. watch an episode of the Gilmore Girls on my season one dvd set).

Toodles. Maybe later we can all get together for a ritual sacrifice of some sort.

3 Comments:

Blogger Isho said...

beautiful losers by leonard cohen... pissy mood, bad montreal weather...

3:31 PM

 
Blogger Gossip Girl said...

sometimes i go into this diner in downtown montreal so i can watch leonard cohen eat his breakfast. he brings his own plates and utensils, you know... i'd totally do him.

3:41 PM

 
Blogger Isho said...

hed probably agree if you ever tried

5:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home