All the lego without the mystique... or maybe its the other way around...

Monday, February 14, 2005

Corner Gas (the real life account)

Today, I faced my fears head on and tried the selp serve at the gas station for the very first time.
Now, I'm not a stranger to the self serve, but the direct pay had always intimidated me. So I would usually go inside the convenient store to pay, for fear that I will make a fool of myself in front of all the gas pumping experts.
Today I had enough though. I was different today. Brave, almost.
And you know what?
I KICKED ASS!
I got out of the car at the same time as this middle aged man in an SUV, and he looked like quite the expert. But it was I, the rookie, the amateur, who got into my car first and drove away. Not one wrong button, not one wrong move. I was perfectly in sync with the procedure.
I feel like a new woman!
I should go out and buy myself a pair of high heeled boots, while I strut my stuff on the boulevard.
Yes, I am definitely feeling proud of myself right now.
So this is what they meant when they talked about women's liberation...

3 Comments:

Blogger Gossip Girl said...

actually... i just happened to do the whole thing in french!

10:05 AM

 
Blogger Laurie said...

I always pay at the pump. I hate getting gas more than anything.

10:27 AM

 
Blogger K. H. said...

i'm so proud, my eyes are brimming over with tears of joy.

1:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home