All the lego without the mystique... or maybe its the other way around...

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Sunday Things

The best part about quitting my job is that I have my favorite day on the week back: SUNDAY.
There are so many reasons why Sunday is my favorite day.
Sunday is when you do all those Sunday things that you would never do any other day of the week.
Sunday Things are those that you would never consider making time in your week schedule for.
The essential root of the word Sunday is Lame. You do lame, quaint things on Sundays.
As kids, many of us were brought up to consider Sunday as family day. On Sunday, you go shopping as a family (usually for 'lame' things like garden materials and groceries at the outdoor market).
Sunday is a day for apple picking, pumpkin picking, museum scouting, house decorating, flea markets, outdoor carnivals, drives to the country, drives to the mountains, etc.
Sunday is the day where we forget we have to go to work and school the next day.
Sunday is the day of the week that I pretend that I am not a young, hip 20ish chick living in a hella chic city, full of hella chic people with hella chic things to do.
Yes... I love Sunday.
I have almost forgotten how great Sunday is... seeing as I haven't had one in years... (summer Sundays don't count...the weeks in summer are endless. Everyday is a Sunday, yet no days are ever quite Sunday).

--------
SIDENOTE:

Elizabethtown is the WORST movie I have ever seen. I miss the good old Cameron Crowe who made Say Anything and Jerry Maguire. This movie was over two hours of agony. Nobody could have played this part worse than Orlando Bloom. By the end of the movie, I came to the conclusion that every single character in this movie was useless! (Except Chuck and Cindy... they should make a spinoff movie just about Chuck and Cindy's wedding).
The weird part was that after about two hours, the movie completely changed directions for the last 20 minutes. I felt like somebody changed the movie and I was watching something entirely different. The cinematography was all of a sudden interesting and beautiful, the dialogue was impressive and honest, and the finally switched the horrible Orlando voiced over narration to Kirsten Dunst. It was really the only honest part of this movie. And yet I was so jaded from having to sit through two hours of that crap, that I couldn't enjoy it. Cameron Crowe had something going with those last 20 minutes... Too bad he had to go and ruin the rest of the movie.
Definitely goes down in my book of shame.
shame, shame, shame....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home