All the lego without the mystique... or maybe its the other way around...

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

WHY I HATE TECHNOLOGY

first reason:
Today I almost got hit by a car crossing the street downtown, while trying to figure out how to use the text messaging on my phone.

For the record, it took me 10 minutes to figure out how to read a text message that was sent to my inbox, and another 25 minutes to figure out how to compose and send a reply.

I am happy to say that I am now a text messaging prodigy.
...But I still hate technology.

second reason:
They have installed new self-service cashes at most of the supermarkets in my area. Now instead of having to go through the "extruciating" activity of human interaction, you wait in line to use a machine that doesn't try to inflict conversation upon you.

Why the hell should I have to pass my own groceries through?
If I wanted to be a cashier at a grocery store, I would have applied for a job at one.
(one upside= I seem to have a gift for handling the machinery, unlike some of my unfortunate neighbours in line... But I still hate technology.)


1 Comments:

Blogger K. H. said...

my car got hit by a pedestrian today. she wasn't looking where she was going.

9:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home