All the lego without the mystique... or maybe its the other way around...

Sunday, December 19, 2004

Partying With Dinosaurs

Last night I went to a party. Well actually... I went to two parties.
The first one was my staff christmas party, where we get to go for expensive cuisine and a trillion rounds of shots for free. We went to this expensive italian restaurant downtown and I got drunk. ish. Then I watched 38 year old men attempt to metaphorically date rape the jailbait from my store's branch. There were lots of frenchies at this party and I found my self quite intrigued listening to different french conversations. It then occured to me that when french people talk (quebecers, that is), no matter what they are saying, it always sounds like poutine. "poutine poutine poutine poutine"... You get the picture.
Anyways, after I left the staff party, I went to a friend's party that he was having to celebrate the upcoming holidays. This party was really weird, because when I showed up, there were people standing outside watching a guy swallow down creamed corn. I didn't really get it and so I went inside where it WASN'T snowing. Then I sat around and marvelled at how much everybody had changed from the last party that was only a little while back at Halloween. I have been somewhat a hermit since then because school was weighing me down like an old lady with too many shoes in her purse, and I haven't had much time to hang out with all those kids. I looked around and these people who were barely recognizable to me and wondered why they ALL chose to grow their hair out like so. All the boys grew their hair in a fashion that made them a couple of notches less attractive than they used to be. And those who didn't grow their hair ugly, had it at least styled ugly. Maybe the theme of the party was "bad hair day" and nobody cared to tell me. I didn't stay very long. I left right after I stole a bunch of mini dinosaur toys that I found on the table and declared mine.
So that was my first night out that I did not have to worry about term papers or exams. It was quite nice. Quite nice indeed.
Tonight I will come home from work and do what a normal kid is supposed to do when the term ends. I'm going to put on pajamas and watch countless hours of trashy television.
hip hip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home